Sources

Everything that I share here is in use within my own kindergarten and home. Where the source of any material or ideas is known I will share it. It is never my intention to steal anyone ideas or copyright. If you feel something I have offered should be credited to another source please let me know, and I will do so. Where I have used ideas or text for sometime it is possible that I no longer remember where it came from. I may never have known as I have worked in this business for a long time.

I am always happy to learn. Ria.

Sunday 21 November 2010

Autumn Leaves: a simple activity

A simple and rewarding activity for all ages. It takes a little preparation but is well worth the time as the children will use it for a long time..
Using leaf templates like those found here or here or on many other places on the net, print on to a selection of autumn coloured craft paper ( red, yellow, brown, light green etc) then simply cut them out.


We have 100+ plus of them in a basket and use them in lots of ways:

  • Counting activities and colour sorting (PSRN)
  • Throwing them up into the air and watching and listening as they fall to the floor in a way similar to natural leaves (KUW)
  • Use the leaves for sticking and crafting when you no longer need them for 'falling' activities (CD)

No comments:

Post a Comment